St Mary’s Wines is owned by the Mulligan family who have lived in the Penola community for over 100 years.
The property is situated 15 kilometres west of the township of Penola in the South East of South Australia on land purchased by the family in 1937.
In 1984 Barry and Glenys Mulligan researched the establishment of a vineyard on a 200 acre section of the Terra Rossa ridge that runs through the property.
In 1985 plantings of Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Petit Verdot and Pinot Noir commenced.
St Mary’s Wines first vintage was 1990.